.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some Completed Work and Some Stash...

To start with I finished Teo's slippers. They are the "Yo Mama's Fat Booties" pattern. Love, love, love this pattern. Easy peasy and really warm. I am going to have to make some for all of us this winter. It's supposed to be bitter cold and frankly I can't afford to turn the heat up as high as we would need it to stay super comfortable...so slippers it is. These are made from a wool/cotton combo called Bloom. Which despite looking high and low for it on the web...I have no idea where you can get it from. Apparently the company JoJoLand does not carry it anymore.


These were a necessity for T right now cuz....well, he was cold a week or two ago and the only slippers he could find were his sisters pink/glitter slippers that I had made her a few years ago.
And after watching him buzz around the house in those for a day...I decided he needed his own.
Notice the lovely 'construction zone' floor in my living room? Sexy, eh?


Now, to yummy yarnage. Here we have two skeins of loveliness. I purchased them while visiting Bayfield in August. And yes, I just took the pictures of them this morning. And yes, I have been THAT busy that I haven't had time to do anything with them yet. So I just take them out, sigh, pet them and put them back in their bag, about every other day.

1) Trekking, Hand dyed sock yarn. 100g/459yds. 75% Superwash wool and 25% Nylon. Colorway: Feuerland....which translates to me as gorgeous, earthy reds and browns. This skein is for me and me alone. I will be wearing a soft, warm, sexy pair of hand dyed socks.....someday.


2) Berroco Sox sock yarn. 100g/440yds. 75% Superwash Wool and 25% Nylon. Colorway: 1433 apparently. LOL. Which means it is mostly deep grays and browns with touches of deep gold, black and cream. This is for Tony. This is to replace the pair of Cashmere/Wool socks I made him last year and shrunk in the wash (they now fit my feet) this year. :) I know these aren't Cashmere...but I actually think they will make better dress socks than the last pair. And yes, that is me trying to make myself feel better for ruining his socks in the wash.


And the two of those together cost me the total of a meal out for my entire family. I'll say no more.

TTFN!
biz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Groundkeeper's Hut Crochet Pattern - Part 5 - Decorations

  🌿✨ Crafting Enchantment: Decorating Your Groundkeeper's Hut with Whimsical Wonders! 🎃🍄 Greetings, creators of magical things! As we...